- This event has passed.
New York State PeriAnesthesia Nurses Association District 1
April 15 @ 7:00 am - 4:30 pm
CPAN & CAPA CERTIFICATION REVIEW COURSE
*In-Person – Live – Presentation*
Accreditation: This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This continuing nursing education individual activity was approved for 8.00 contact hours.
Learning Outcome: To provide perianesthesia nurses with the knowledge, confidence and test taking skills necessary to obtain specialty certification.
Target Audience: All perianesthesia nurses
Disclosure Statement: All planners and presenters at nursing continuing education activities are required to disclose to the audience any significant financial relationships with manufacturer(s) of any commercial products, goods, or services. Such disclosures will be made in writing in the course presentation materials and verbally at the start of the conference.
Registration includes printed course material which will be supplied morning of the conference to each paid attendee.
- 7:15 Registration opens ~ Continental Breakfast (included)
- 7:45 Welcome and Introductions
- 7:50 Introduction to Certification
- 8:00 Anesthesia Review
- 9:15 Neuroaxial and Regional Anesthesia Review
- 9:45 Break
- 10:00 Preoperative Preparation
- 10:30 Anesthesia Complications
- 12:00 Lunch (included)
- 12:45 Perianesthesia Pharmacology
- 1:15 Special Populations and Special Concerns
- 1:45 Break
- 1:50 Surgical Specialties
- 3:15 Discharge Preparation
- 3:45 ASPAN Standards
- 4:15 Test-Taking Strategies
- 4:25 Evaluation & Summation; Test Questions and Answers
- 4:30 Adjorn
Hilton Long Island
598 Broadhollow Road, Melville NY
NYSPANA / ASPAN COMPONENT MEMBERS $60.00
NON-ASPAN MEMBERS $75.00
Must provide ASPAN MEMBER ID for discount
No registrations will be accepted after Tuesday, April 4th, 2023
No refunds after April 1st, 2023 /$ 5 processing fee