“See the Forest Through the Trees: What Happens to the Aging Brain”
Presented by Barbara Schrage, MS, RN, FNP-BC; NYSPANA State Conference, Rochester, NY; October 2014
- Distinguish between age related and cognitive changes
- Describe the importance of delirium screening, recognition and management as it applies in the perioperative setting
- Identify current research regarding prevention and treatment of cognitive decline
- What are your thoughts about older people?
- Have you had positive experiences?
- What are your grandparents/parents like?
What does an older person See?
- Why is it so difficult to stop driving?
- Loss of Independence
- Driving for 65+ years
- Do not see driving issues