“Use of Social Media & Mobile Devices”
A New Age
- What about the rules?
- 8 NYCRR 29.1(b)(8)Revealing personally identifiable facts, data or information obtained in a professional capacity without that person’s consent
- 8 NYCRR 29.2(a)(2) Willfully abusing, harassing, or intimidating a patient either physically or verbally
- Moral unfitness
- An upstate New York nurse who snapped photos of an unconscious male patient’s penis and sent the lewd snaps to her co-workers has surrendered her medical license.
- Kristen J, 27, agreed to give up her license Monday after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of sharing unlawful surveillance Photos
- As part of a plea deal that nixed the felony charges in the case, the nurse who used to work at Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse also agreed to spend three years on probation.
- Her license was revoked for moral unfitness
- Johnson was arrested last May following a nine-month investigation launched by the Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office because her colleagues reported that she had sent them inappropriate cellphone pictures multiple times.
- Along with photos of the male patient’s privates, authorities also discovered some shots of a fellow nurse cleaning out a comatose female patient’s gastrointestinal blood clot